Our new packages for 2018
Carbis Bay Hotel Limited is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using Carbis Bay Hotel Limited’s services in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following online services:
- any Carbis Bay Hotel Limited website that links to this Privacy and Cookies Policy;
- social media or official Carbis Bay Hotel Limited content on other websites;
- mobile devices
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
In order to provide you with the full range of Carbis Bay Hotel Limited products and services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains the following:
- what information Carbis Bay Hotel Limited may collect about you;
- how Carbis Bay Hotel Limited will use information we collect about you;
- when Carbis Bay Hotel Limited may use your details to contact you;
- whether Carbis Bay Hotel Limited will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
Carbis Bay Hotel Limited is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (these laws are referred to collectively in this Privacy and Cookies Policy as the “data protection laws”). If you have any concerns that your Carbis Bay Hotel Limited data could have been compromised e.g. someone could have discovered your password or details, please advise our compliance officer immediately by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01736 795311.
In this Privacy and Cookies policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Carbis Bay Hotel Limited website; “Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of the Carbis Bay Hotel Limited website;
- “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by Carbis Bay Hotel Limited when you visit certain parts of the Carbis Bay Hotel Limited website. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the website. Where e-commerce facilities are provided, Cookies may be used to store saved shopping carts. Further details are contained in Clause 14;
- “Data” means collectively all information that you submit to the Carbis Bay Hotel Limited website. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
- “Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Carbis Bay Hotel Limited makes available through the Carbis Bay Hotel Limited website either now or in the future;
- “System” means any online communications infrastructure that Carbis Bay Hotel Limited makes available through the Carbis Bay Hotel Limited website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
- “User” / “Users” means any third party that accesses the Carbis Bay Hotel Limited website and is not employed by Carbis Bay Hotel Limited and acting in the course of their employment;
- “Website” means the website that you are currently using and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Carbis Bay Hotel Limited’s services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, web and mobile notifications, telephone or text Carbis Bay Hotel Limited or create an account using Carbis Bay Hotel Limited’s online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone, mobile number or other identifiable data.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. if you’re applying for a job with Carbis Bay Hotel Limited). When we do this we will provide further information about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it, store it and remove it.
Carbis Bay Hotel Limited collects information about how you use Carbis Bay Hotel Limited websites or other Carbis Bay Hotel Limited content online, and the device(s) you use to access the services. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet.
Carbis Bay Hotel Limited will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- To provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience;
- For “service administration purposes”, which means Carbis Bay Hotel Limited may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for;
- Where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service. If you are subscribed to email newsletters, you may receive a personalised service. If you don’t want to receive these services you can unsubscribe from email newsletters at any time;
- To contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide. For additional information, please see our Terms & Conditions;
- To use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not;
- For analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by Carbis Bay Hotel Limited. This can include using geo-demographic information from external sources, where this helps us ensure we are creating products and services for everyone.
- We will store all personal data, submitted in any form to Carbis Bay Hotel Limited, securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Carbis Bay Hotel Limited will only send you newsletters, marketing emails or contact you on Carbis Bay Hotel Limited platforms where you have agreed to this.
We offer regular emails and newsletters, to let you know about Carbis Bay Hotel Limited products and services.
We may personalise the message content based upon any information you have provided to us and your use of Carbis Bay Hotel Limited platforms.
We will keep your information within Carbis Bay Hotel Limited except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies)
We may share your personal data internally for example, if you request a call back to book a Spa treatment or book one of our sister hotels.
If you post or send content which may reasonably be deemed to be offensive, inappropriate or objectionable anywhere on or to Carbis Bay Hotel Limited websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Carbis Bay Hotel Limited service, Carbis Bay Hotel Limited may remove such content.
Where Carbis Bay Hotel Limited reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws, for example on hate speech, Carbis Bay Hotel Limited may disclose your personal information to relevant third parties, including to law enforcement agencies or your internet provider. Carbis Bay Hotel Limited would only do so in circumstances where such disclosure is permitted under applicable laws, including data protection law.
If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Carbis Bay Hotel Limited.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Carbis Bay Hotel Limited. If you delete your Carbis Bay Hotel Limited account then your personal information submitted for the purpose of that account is deleted immediately, and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes. For further information about deleting your Carbis Bay Hotel Limited account.
Additionally, under data protection laws you have the following rights governing how long Carbis Bay Hotel Limited will process and store your personal data.
“Consent” an individual is required to give their consent for Carbis Bay Hotel Limited to process and store their personal data. Exceptions include where the processing of personal data is necessary:
- In relation to a contract which the individual has entered into.
- Because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract.
- Because of a legal obligation that applies to the data controller.
- To protect the individual’s vital interests (this only applies in cases of life or death).
- For administering justice, or for exercising statutory, governmental, or other public functions.
- The processing is in accordance with the ‘legitimate interests’ condition.
- “Withdrawing Conset” you can withdraw consent for Carbis Bay Hotel Limited to process and store your personal data at any time. Unless there is a legal/contractual requirement for your personal data to be processed or stored.
- “Right to be Informed” you have the right to ask why your personal information is needed by Carbis Bay Hotel Limited, on what basis and how it will be stored.
- “Right to Data Portability” allows you to request at any point that Carbis Bay Hotel Limited transfers your personal data to another party.
- “Right to Object” you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data should there not be a legal/contractual reason for it to be processed.
You can withdraw consent for Carbis Bay Hotel Limited to process and store your data.
Additionally, you can request that your Carbis Bay Hotel Limited account is deleted by contacting our compliance offer email@example.com. Deleting your Carbis Bay Hotel Limited account will erase any personal information in your account that was submitted while creating that account and it will mean any data we hold about how you have used Carbis Bay Hotel Limited websites will be made anonymous.
Deleting your Carbis Bay Hotel Limited account will not delete the data you shared with Carbis Bay Hotel Limited for reasons that are not connected with your Carbis Bay Hotel Limited account. For example, if you apply for Carbis Bay Hotel Limited products, services or newsletters we will keep your data so that we can manage that service and send you future updates (if you have asked to be kept updated).
By using our website, you consent to the information you provide being processed for any of the above purposes.
Under data protection laws you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Carbis Bay Hotel Limited holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Please address requests and questions about this or any other question about this Privacy and Cookies Policy to the Compliance Officer, Carbis Bay Hotel Limited, Carbis Bay, St Ives, Cornwall, TR26 2NP (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
We will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill (from last 3 months)
Carbis Bay Hotel Limited website is published in the UK by Carbis Bay Hotel Limited. All personal information submitted by users outside the UK will be processed in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy (and any local terms that apply to certain areas of the site). Where there is a conflict, the local terms will apply.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a “device”) web browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Carbis Bay Hotel Limited website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
On Carbis Bay Hotel Limited websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
Please note that during your visits to Carbis Bay Hotel Limited websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to Carbis Bay Hotel Limited or Carbis Bay Hotel Limited contractors.
To support our products, services and messages, we sometimes embed content from social media and other third party websites. These may include YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, Vine, Instagram, Pinterest and Flickr. As a result, when you visit a page containing such content, you may be presented with cookies from these websites and these third party cookies may track your use of Carbis Bay Hotel Limited website. Carbis Bay Hotel Limited does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party’s website for more information. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Carbis Bay Hotel Limited website.
Where Carbis Bay Hotel Limited embeds content from social media and other third party websites, some websites may use Google Analytics to collect data about user behaviour for their own purposes. Carbis Bay Hotel Limited does not control this. For more information, see the Google webpage “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
You may opt-out of Google Analytics tracking here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Conversion tracking helps us measure the return on investment of Facebook Ads by reporting on the actions people take after viewing our adverts. We create pixels that track conversions, add them to the pages of our website where the conversions will happen, and track these conversions back to adverts we are running on Facebook.
No personal information is collected as a result of using these cookies or pixels.
It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of some features of Carbis Bay Hotel Limited websites, and we might not be able to provide some features you have previously chosen to receive.
Your web browser may also provide Carbis Bay Hotel Limited with information about your device, such as an IP address and details about the browser that you are using. We use information provided by your browser or by the link that you have clicked to understand the webpage that directed you to Carbis Bay Hotel Limited websites and this may be captured by performance cookies.
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks and analytic companies. This website does not currently respond to DNT requests.
If you any questions or comments about this Privacy and Cookies Policy please contact:
The Compliance Officer
Carbis Bay Hotel
Last Updated: 24th May 2018